Let it be known that: House Moune, a Merchant House of the Rock of Bral, has provided The Company of the Silent Star with the Silent Star, a standard eelship equipped with a minor helm.
(1) The Company of the Silent Star shall provide House Moune with 50% of all profits earned by the company while in the possesion of said vessel. Such profits must be paid each time said vessel docks at Bral.
(2) The Company of the Silent Star shall return to Bral at least once per year of the Olven calender of Oerth for the purpose of paying said profits. Exemptions to this may be granted by House Moune's shipboard representative.
(3) Additionally, The Company of the Silent Star shall present House Moune with a tentative itinerary prior to any departure of the Silent Star from the immediate area of the Rock of Bral.
(4) House Moune shall have the right to maintain a representative aboard said vessel for the purpose of watching over House Moune's investment. When away from the Rock of Bral said representative shall be able to act as a consultant per (2) and (5), but cannot accept any funds per (1) above.
(5) House Moune has a priority on The Company of the Silent Star's services. The Company of the Silent Star will insure House Moune has an opportunity to make a counter-offer prior to accepting other commissions, if House Moune so chooses. The Company of the Silent Star is not required to accept a commission offered by House Moune, but is required to consider the offer.
(6) For the purposes of (1) above "profit" shall be defined as any wealth remaining after taxes, air surcharges, repairs and maintance has been performed on the aforementioned vessel. Crew pay, foodstuffs, and other like costs shall be the sole responsibity of The Company of the Silent Star. House Moune waives any right to items of dweamorcraft retained by The Company of the Silent Star for their own use, but not to profits accruing from recovering or selling said items. The Company of the Silent Star is required to maintain honest, legible, accurate records of all transactions concerning maintenance fees, company profits et al.
(7) The Company of the Silent Star shall not use the aforementioned vessel to engage in piratical activities. The Company of the Silent Star shall not act in any manner which would be detrimental to House Moune, its monetary and physical assests, or its personel. The Company of the Silent Star shall not engage in any form of the slave trade.
(8) This contract shall end when a total of 150,000 gps has been paid to House Moune, or ten years have passed, whichever event occurs first. At that time, the Company of the Silent Star shall become sole owners of said eelship.
(9) House Moune shall not act in any manner detrimental to the
well being of the Company of the Silent Star.
House Moune shall offer the Company of the Silent
Star all appropriate jobs which it has before offering
such jobs to other Companies, provided the Company of the
Silent Star is available for such work. Appropriate jobs
are those which House Moune would hire an outside group to perform,
and can be accomplished by a small group and one vessel of 20 tons
(10) Neither party shall be considered to have broken this contract if said action occurs due to coercion, magical or mundane. Should The Company of the Silent Star ever loose control of said vessel the contract is considered voided until The Company of the Silent Star regains control of said vessel, at which time the contract returns in full force. The Company of the Silent Star may not sell or give said vessel away without the prior approval of House Moune.
This contract may be ended by the consent of all parties involved.
Should The Company of the Silent Star fail to uphold the terms of this agreement House Moune shall be permitted to take all legal means to reaquire the Silent Star, including the use of bounties and force."
Lady Tarilia Moune
The Company of the Silent Star:
Raken of Celestian
Deigatt ors Karasivin
Kain (aka Tatric Aekhas)