[ Home | Shipyard | Items/Spells | NPC | Monsters | Stories/Campaign ]
|Built By||Early Humans Or Insectoid Race|
|Used Primarily By||Realm Exploration Group (REX)|
|Saves As||Thin Wood|
|Power Type||Major Helm|
|Ship's Rating||As Per Helmsman|
|Standard Armament||1 Medium Ballista (Forward) - Crew: 2|
|1 Medium Catapult (Aft) - Crew: 3|
- Upper & Lower Deck
- 1) View Ports - Made of glasssteel
- 2) Ballista - (Medium Ballista - Forward Arc, Range: 4, Hull Damage: 1d3, Personnel Damage: 3d6, ROF: 1/3, Crew: 2, THAC0: 14, Critical Hit: 20, Cost: 600 GP) 30 catapult shots are in the shot box. There is a locked chest with 2x bolt+1 and 1x bolt+2.
- 3) Catapult - (Medium Catapult - Aft Arc, Range: 4, Hull Damage: 1d3+1, Personnel Damage: 3d10, ROF: 1/2, Crew: 3, THAC0: 15, Critical Hit: 19+, Cost: 700 GP) 30 ballista bolt are in the box. There is a locked chest with 2x helmseeker, 2x snow shots and 2x dust shots.
- 4) Helm - The minor helm is located in the middle of the room along with an ironwood table and two chairs. On top of the table are an astrolabe, a ship communicator and a crystal ball. The planetary locator, portal locator and portal opening device are located here. A teak map table and a teak bookshelf containing maps, map cases, papers, inkwell, 2 bottle of inks and 3 goose quills. There is a locked (superior lock -40% to pick) safe containing 3 ivory tube (create minor helm spell in each), a silver dagger+1, book with REX ships sailing routes and schedules and a locked iron box (4 leather draw string bags with 500CP, 300SP, 300GP and 100PP respectively). A clock (magical) hangs on the wall above the safe. A healer's medicine box is next to the safe. A locked metal armory cabinet has 3x silver sword, 1x crossbow, 1 quiver of 20 silver tipped bolts and 2x silver dagger. A model of the Mystic Moonlight is on top of the safe. It is used to help plan cargo and personnel assignments. There is a ship floor diagram of the Mystic Moonlight on one wall and a Realm Exploration Group company emblem on another. There are 4 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 4 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 5) Captain's Quarters - There is a cherry wood framed bed with light blue goose down comforter and pillows next to the wall. A cherry armoire cabinet is next to the bed. A walnut desk and chair are next to the door. On top of the desk are an inkwell made out of silver, space almanac book, star charts of current sphere, adjustable compass, straight edge ruler, magnifying glass and spelljamming sextant. Inside the top drawer are 2 bottles of black ink, 5 goose quills, ink blotter, red sealing wax, tinderbox, small oil lamp, 25 high quality paper and scissor. Inside the top side drawer are 3 map cases containing star charts and world maps, a schematic diagram of the Mystic Moonlight, ship's weapon repair schedule logbook, crew weapon training schedule, ship's repair schedule logbook and a crew work schedule; the locked bottom drawer contains personal information folders of each crewman on board, a bottle of 50 years old brandy and a wooden humidor with 25 quality cigars. There is a soft sofa and mahogany table on a Waterdeep designed carpet. A silver water decanter and 4 glasses are on top of the table. A locked chest (superior lock -40% to pick) hold the captain's valuables and magic items. There are 4 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 2 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 6) Officer/Spelljammer's Quarters - The first mate, chaplain and 2 spelljammer sleeps here. There are 4 bunk beds in this room. Each bed is a hinged shallow locked chest containing the personal properties of the officers. A walnut desk and chair are next to the door. On top of the desk are an inkwell made out of brass, crystal ball and a globe of Toril. Inside the top drawer are 3 bottles of black ink , 6 goose quills, ink blotter, 25 high quality paper and scissor. Inside the top side drawer are 6 decorated ceramic smoke pipes, wooden box of pipe tabacco, 6 brand new deck of cards, a wooden box containing an assorted colored poker chips and 2 Bralian whiskey clay jugs; the locked bottom drawer contains 10 boxes of assorted spell components (refilled from the supply at the cargo bay when empty). There is a soft sofa and mahogany table on a Waterdeep designed carpet. A silver water decanter and 4 glasses are on top of the table. A mahogany cabinet is divided into 4 separate storage compartment. The bookshelf contains some famous novels, history, science and reference books. There are 2 locked (superior lock -40% to pick, wizard locked, spell traps) metal bound oak chest holds the spelljammers personal spellbooks and magic items. There is a full length mirror attached to the back of the door. There are 3 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 2 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 7) Passenger's Quarters There are 8 teak bunk beds in this room. Each bed is a hinged shallow locked chest containing the personal properties of the passenger. Two teak cabinets are divided into 4 separate storage compartment each. There are 3 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 2 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 8) Galley - There is an oven stove used to cook the dishes. There is a cabinet containing the cooking/eating utensils, pots and pans. On top of the table are several cooking books and a herb pot. A water cask is used to provide water for cooking. A wash tub is used to clean the dishes and cooking utensils. A large table, benches, and chairs is used by the crew. The benches seat can be lifted revealing storage area for games (chess board, etc), musical instuments and other entertainment novelties. The trash bin has a disintegrate field inside that removes any non-living material introduce inside the bin after being idle for 10 minutes. A coat rack is behind the door with several cooking aprons. A dart board and 2 harpoons hung on the wall. There are 5 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 4 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 9) Pantry - Here are stored the food and cooking ingredients used by the ship. Kegs of beer and wine are stored here and several whiskey jugs. What supplies that is not used, when the next port is reached, are served to the crew as a special meal. There is an ice box at the corner of the room used to store some of the temperature sensitive items. The ice box magically keeps the temperature below freezing. There is a permanent anti-vermin/insect spell effect inside the room to protect the food. 1 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 10) Cargo Hold - The cargo hold up to 7 tons of supply. One ton is taken by a steam engine that heats up water and jets the exhaust (SR1/Tactical speed only) at the back of the ship. When the steam is diverted to the side exhaust, the ship turns left or right. There is a 3 days supply of oil and water for the steam engine's boiler. The crew sleeps in comfortable hammocks or on top and around the cargo, if the hold is full. The mail bags are stored here in a large, locked, metal bound, wooden chest. The crew's valuables, clothes and equipment are stored in 10 padlocked wooden locker cabinet by the wall. The ship's bell and bulletin board hung at the wall next to the stairs. There are two magical wash tubs, that fill and empty with water on command, at desired temperature, on a teak work table. There are clean towels, soaps, and dirty clothes basket inside the cabinet under the table. There are 5 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 6 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 11) Head - There is a table with a magical wash basin that drains after use, a magical continuous water pitcher, soaps and towels. Extra soap and towels are found in the drawers under the table. The toilet is magically kept clean by a disintegration field inside the box. There is a magical potpourri pot that emits sweets flowery scent in the air. An permanent unseen servant spell was programmed to clean the Head in between use. There are 1 plants in assorted size clay pots in the room. 1 wall mounted permanent continual light adjustable lantern illuminates the room.
- 12) Main Deck - This is the main deck. There is an entry hatch leading into the cargo bay. There is a 12-man oared long boat, named "Eliza", secured by ropes on the deck. A water barrel is next to the forward stairs. The ship's anchor and the hawser ropes are secured and ready for use. Sailors are found here cleaning, maintaining and repairing the ship, sails, and equipments.
The Mystic Moonlight is a supply and mail ship for the Realm Exploration fleet. It's route takes it to Realmspace, Krynnspace, Bralspace and Greyspace. It deliver mail and supplies to the families of REX personnel and to the REX branch offices. Mystic shuttles REX sages, scholars and personnel between REX branch offices, research laboratories, and libraries in different spheres. REX personnel immediate family members (spouses, children, parents and siblings) are given free transport to a port on the ship's route when room is available. It collects and leave mails for ship crews when they find a postal sattelite in a sphere it visit.
The crew consist of a ship's captain, first mate, 2x spelljammer, ship's chaplain/medic and 10x sailors. The crew are all trained in both the catapult and the ballista. They have trained and worked with each other for years and are considered a crack crew. The sailors wear black canvas trousers, blue shirt and shoes. They all wear a knife and scabbard on their wide belt, to work and cut the sail and riggings. They don studded leather armor, shields, swords, cutlass and crossbow in combat. They have room for 5 passengers.
- Ship Crew
- Captain (LG hm F8)
- First Mate (NG hm F6)
- Helmsman/Navigator (CG hm M8)
- Assistant Helmsman/Navigator (LG hm M6)
- Chaplain/Medic (LG hm C8)
- 10x Sailors (hm F/T2-4)
- 5x Passengers
[ Home | Shipyard | Items/Spells | NPC | Monsters | Stories/Campaign ]
© Ariel Sibal 2002, 2005